April Favourites

Thursday, 1 May 2014



This month has gone so quickly, the Easter break has really meant the weeks have flown by. However time does fly whilst your having fun and to round off such a good month I decided to do my own April Favorites post.
 So here we are... 

The best part of spring is always the change in weather and with this the growth of flowers! My favourite site is driving through my local village and seeing all the trees in blossom as well as our own garden at home starting to come to life after a bleak winter.



Whilst the weather is getting warmer, I have fully taken advantage (typically British I know) by hesitantly moving the chunky jumpers and sensible coats to the back of my wardrobe and in there place moving in the totally unpractical but beautiful spring/summer clothes. To perfectly compliment this new light palette, I have loved to pair natural eye makeup with an orange sheen lipstick. My personal favourite is 'Saigon Summer' by Mac, the lipstick initially looks to be a very offensive orange however because of the finish being a creme sheen the colour when worn becomes fresh and peachy creating a pretty but natural spring makeup look.  

 


My film favourite this month is the beautiful 'The Grand Budapest Hotel'. I saw the film a few weeks ago, after what seemed like an eternity of trailers and adverts the film subtly took hold of the screen in a smooth transition of colour and symmetry. The cast alone makes the film stand out with staring roles going to Ralph Fines, Jude Law, Tilda Swinton, Saoirse Ronan ... I could go on. The film follows the concierge of 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' as he tries to prove his innocence after he is framed for the murder of one of his clients. 
The thing about the movie is that, the movie is so beautiful in colour, set and costume, that it barely would matter what was happening in the story. However the story line based on the novel 'The Society of  Crossed Keys' by Stefan Zweig (yes it is already on my to-read list) is thoroughly entertaining. This coupled with the comedic timing of the characters as well as the sensitively considered way each scene is filmed made 'The Grand Budapest' one of the best films I have seen this year. It is defiantly a must see for any film fanatic! 

Images courtesy of Google 

My fashion favourite for this month is a bit of an odd one as it is clearly not an item of clothing...it is infact fabric. Like books, candles, or generally anything that looks, smells or tastes amazing I have a small obsession with fabric. I personally blame Abakan which for those of you who don't know what it is, google it and thank me later. I always seem to go in with the full intention of buying only things I need for up and coming uni projects and half an hour later walk out with a bag of fabric which 'I definitely need'. However on this occasion I stumbled across this fabric by Clarke & Clarke and immediately fell in love. This fabric then became cushion covers for my ever growing cushion collection and I think they are lovely.


Bring on May!