Loreal Paris : True Match Foundation VS Nude Magique BB Cream

Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Both : £9.99 from Boots

I feel that I am a little late to the party on the side of BB creams, however after finishing my Rimmel Foundation (that I cannot remember the name of) I decided to take a look over at the Loreal counter. I had been looking to purchase the True Match Foundation for a while so after getting my skin matched to one of the many shades, I picked up the BB cream just as something to give a go.


Nude Magique BB Cream-
This claims to give Flawless coverage, a perfectly even skin tone, a fresh dewy glow, 24hr hydration and has SPF 12. So basically it claims to be Jesus in a bottle. To begin with I really couldn't get the hang of this, I tried applying it with my fingers as some of the YouTube tutorials told me. This ended up with patchy orange areas all over my face... attractive. SO I eventually tried applying it with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush which worked really well. As the micro capsules burst the creme turns from white to match your skin tone. I did finds this quite orange tone on my skin, there are limited shades with only light, medium or dark tones, however after playing around with a concealer and powder I have finally got to enjoy the product as a light alternative to foundation.



True Match Foundation-
As I previously said I had heard a lot of this products from beauty bloggers, this is what tempted me to it. The product itself is a very standard liquid foundation, although it has to be said the range of choices for skin tones is truly incredible for a drug store foundation. This proved a bit much for me who had to ask the lady to match my face (N3, I am usually NC15 in Mac). This foundation is apparently meant to improve the appearance of your skin as you wear it... I haven't myself seen much difference to my skin but I do like this foundation just as something quite fuss free.

Verdict-
I definitely would purchase these two again, I have probably be using the BB creme more recently with the oncoming summer heat, however as I said I did have to play around to figure out what worked best for me. The foundation on the other hand provides good coverage and brilliant shade options.

Let me know if you have purchased either of these products, did you find anything different to me?